Sunday 16 November 2014

16 things I learnt whilst being 16

On Halloween (which has been and gone) it was ma 17th birthday. I only have three years or so left of being a teenager and that slightly scares me. Anyway I thought I'd have a reflection of the last year and 16 things I wish I knew about being 16 when I was 15.
 
1. You won't like coffee- even if you try to like Costa, Starbucks, Decaf, Latte. Coffees will not like you and your 16 old self (maybe 17 though, I'll give it a go) 
2. Don't stress over exams, yes gcses are difficult however a levels are ridiculously hard. You will work hard and do sooo well- no need to worry
3. Lush bubble baths won't fix everything but you can still try- even if you can never find the perfect balance between the hot and cold water
4. Christmas is the best time of year without a doubt- the Michael Buble album may be largely connected to that 
5. No matter how many times you say you won't get drunk again after a bad night, guess what you still will...
6. Reading books can make such a difference to your mental state/health so read as widely and as much as possible.
7. Avoid nasty friends and don't try and fit in you'll be proud of yourself in the future (good lungs for the win)
8. Make up and clothes can't buy happiness but treat yourself once in a while
9. Make sure to have me time- light candles, eat chocolate and prett-ify your room. 
10. Don't count calories, it's dangerous it won't help, it will hurt you.
11. Films aren't real and although you want them to be, they aren't so don't expect a friends with benefits romance
12. Music is so important, you will learn and develop a actual good music taste ( arctic monkeys may feature in the near future)
13. Try new experiences and have more confidence- you'll surprise yourself. Oh and you'll love College it trumps secondary school.
14. Indulge in multiple domino pizzas and vanilla milkshakes because they are obviously delicious
15. It doesn't matter how many likes or followers you have on a social media network- and don't let society make you think otherwise
16. Stay organised and don't leave anything to the last minute- it just causes unnecessary panic and stress which you don't need. 



2 comments:

  1. I've turned 17 not so long ago and I also learned some of the things you did, although I must keep them in mind! Specially on counting calories!
    Paloma xx
    http://yourstrulydreamer.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think all of us have most of these things in common haha:)!xx

      Delete