Friday 4 April 2014

decorating | tips and tricks



I love my room and love finding ways to decorate and de-clutter make-up, accessories and random clutter. I know everyone loves to store their things in different ways but I thought I would show you some of the ways I store my make-up, beauty tools and accessories. Something which I got recently was this beautiful glass box from Next Home. I have the infamous Malm Dressing Table but as a ridiculous make-up collector I needed more storage. I would like to eventually get the acrylic storage from Muji to stack below this but I absolutely loved this box. I'm not exaggerating when I said I wanted a box that looked EXACTLY like this. You know you have that image in your head and you won't buy it until you find it, well this was one of these moments. I chose the prettiest make-up to put in here (I like things to look nice) and then it sits perfectly on my dressing table! 

Something which is featured heavily on Instagram and you have probably already seen are the Ikea Flower Pots. The reason why everyone talks about them is that they are so inexpensive and are literally only £2! They are perfect for holding make-up brushes (I spot Real Techniques here!) and if you run out of space you can easily just buy and fill another pot. I also use this for storing stationary. 
I originally used this to store my make-up but buying the beautiful glass box I switched to having this hold Nail Varnishes. I don't have a ridiculous amount (I'd say not too many) so its perfect for all holding all my nail varnishes. I got this from The Range which is similar to Dunem Mill where you can buy accessories for the bedroom, bathroom and living room. It has a draw which I use for holding cotton pads, cotton buds and small samples which I haven't used yet. It has a beautiful intricate rose pattern on the top of the box and is very sturdy. 

Finally I have a cake stand which I actually surprisingly don't use for cakes! I'm sorry but I don't know where this is from but I use this to hold my bath lotions, scrubs,creams and bath bombs. (My Magic Wand from Christmas is still holding strong!) I think they are perfect cute accessories especially with the bird design around the outside of the two tiers. 

Do you have any room decoration tips?

Thank you for reading,
Olivia x

6 comments:

  1. The cake stand and box are adorable! Also, although I see the ikea pots everywhere I can't help but love them, they're like the Muji Drawers of brush holders!

    Holly / Faceldn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) yeah me to haha that's very true!:)x

      Delete